Monday, November 7, 2011

Make It Monday

This Monday's make it took a bit more work than I was planning on. I got the idea from my favorite addiction Pinterest. For full directions that are great please go here Simple Simon & Co.

These are not quite finished yet but mostly. Right now I'm in the "trying it out" phase of my make it process. This includes leaving it around the house and letting Emersyn drag it around, sit on it and tear it up to the best of her ability. That way I'm sure to have worked all of the kinks out before I wrap these baby's up for Christmas.  I already know that I need to stitch on the letters not just iron them on and spray paint the frames white to clean up the PVC.

I did make a few changes to the tutorial above though. When you make yours I suggest getting more PVC than you think you will need so that you have some "trial" pieces to use. I found that 7" and 10" were too small for the top and bottom bars and the fabric got squished and bunchy. So I used 8" and 11". Also make sure you make the bottom of the frame and screw them together first before adding the top of the frame with the fabric. Trying to screw it together with the fabric already attached to the frame got really frustrating. Here are some pictures of my process.


 

If your like my mom, and love the idea of this chair but hate the idea of actually doing it yourself I am selling kits so you can put them together without the work of getting the supplies and taking the time to do it. Check out my Etsy Shop TinyFlute



1 comment:

  1. these are great! and i love you are selling the kits too!!!

    ReplyDelete